Saturday, January 29, 2011

*Snow Stinks*


This week we got our "First" Snow Storm... I am sure that you all know my feeling about the Snow in Virginia.. well this was No Exception!! The day of the storm the Weather Man was still not sure what we were going to get , cause for us if the storm comes from the south than it could miss us or we could get a lot they never can tell! That morning they had cancelled school(yes they cancel school even for a "Chance" of Snow) so the girls were at the sitter.. I was at work and about 2pm I looked out the window and it was starting to come down in straight ICE .. it looked bad and was coming down hard.. I get a call from Greg who was in the same area and he said I needed to leave than or stay at the hotel it was getting bad out there.. so I decided to leave and went to my truck , only to have a nervous breakdown(yes I have anxiety about Driving) and so I said I can't do this and went back into work! Within an hour it was getting sooo bad outside and I was glad I had stayed and that I was safe and Greg was home with the girls. After a few hours we were watching the news and there were people stuck in hours and hours of traffic , accidents, power outages, it was terrible. They blame it on the ice that we had at first and that everyone left early to beat the strom but back fired cause there was just too much Traffic! So after working a 14.5 hr day and feeling exhausted, I went to bed! Than to wake up the next morning and hear the Stories.. it had taken people 8hrs to drive there 1 hr commute, people had left their cars on the highway , ran out of gas, thousands were out of power, it was sooo busy for us !! So officially I can say that I hate Snow... but after all of that .. My Girls make me smile when I see their happy Faces and see them Enjoying their many, many, many Snow Days! Believe me I am sure this is not the End of Snow for us !

2 comments:

Lbrtychic said...

I can't believe how many SNOW days you have and how much snow you keep getting. Enjoy all your days off!!!

MacSterS said...

If I remember correctly, the great Commonwealth of Virginia has 5 climate regions and you being in the Northern one- will have many more snow days! Fun for the kids- not for you!